Below you will find our local favourites, ranging from walkable locals to fine dining and everything inbetween.
We would be only too pleased to offer recommendations of eateries which may coincide with trips out, sharing not only our longstanding favourites but also those special “finds” guests come back and share with us – please do feel free to ask.
For Spoiling Occasions…
- Hotel Endsleigh owned by Olga Polizzi and winner of Devon Life Hotel Restaurant of the Year, this Regency fishing lodge set in stunning Grade I Listed gardens offers a refined, intimate and “ever-so English” dining experience.
- Coombeshead Farm has a menu built around their animals & vegetables, grown and raised with a deep respect for their farm land, and a desire to improve it, all within a few steps of the dining room. Often cooked over a wood fire, there’ll be space for plenty of greens, either picked fresh that day, or preserved from a previous season, and good bread always present.
Local and Traditional
We have some lovely characterful pubs within walking/short drive with lovely locally sourced menus and a traditional feel:
- The Drake Manor, Inn Buckland Monachorum (walking)
- The Who’d Have Thought It, Milton Coombe (walking)
- The Royal Oak, Meavy
- The Burrator Inn, Dousland
On a more gastro pub level, the following establishments are firm favourites and only a short drive (~20 minutes) into Tavistock.
- The Cornish Arms– Michelin Bib Gormand Awards, 21st in the top 50 Gastro Pub awards
- The Annex – fabulous tapas restaurant with amazing cocktails
- Church Lane – Mediterranean menu with sharing platters and pizza as well as a rum bar and delicious cocktail selection
- The Dartmoor Inn – Merrivale, 100% organic menu specialising in grass fed steak seared on its unique ox-grill
In the opposite direction – 25 minutes into Plymouth will find a super selection including:
Should you not want to drive
Mark’s Taxi (local) 07903437339 ~ Star Cabs (Plymouth) 01752 200020 ~ Bernie (Tavistock) 01822 615777